Monday, July 11, 2011

Should I stop taking the pill?

Hi. Just wanted to tell you you're not alone. I took the pill last year and ended up in hospital. I got migraines when taking it and never got them before. I went to my doctor and told him that when I took my break for the week I would get a migraine when I started the new pack so he told me to not take a break and to take the pill all the time. I got a severe migraine and ended up in hospital. It scared the life out of me because at first they thought I had a stroke but then they realised it was the increase in hormone that had caused it. While taking the pill I cried all the time over really silly things, I would get hot flashes, was tired all the time and had absolutely no energy, increased anxiety and felt like you that my head was going to explode from the feelings I was getting. After the hospital I never went back on it.I was taking the pill for PCOS so went to see a Gyno and was put on different medication. So it depends on what you are on the pill for, if it's for irregular periods your doctor should be able to help you find something else or skip the doctor and go straight to a Gyno, if it's for birth control then try the coil. Whatever it's for I would advise you that you go to your doctor straight away to ask to come off it. If they start talking about stress or depression stop them straight away and tell them it's not that it's hormones. My doctor tried to fob me off so many times that it was depression and it wasn't until I ended up in hospital did they start to listen to me. My Gyno told me I should never have been put on it the way I was. Some people just can't take the pill. You want to enjoy your holiday so come off as soon as you. Hope this helps and enjoy your break.

No comments:

Post a Comment