Monday, July 18, 2011

What is wrong with me and my anxiety?

I have OCD and social anxiety. I went through a period of time where I could not talk to anyone outside my family at all. I have come a long way and gotten out of some of my worse stages, but for whatever reason, I seem to be having a lot of issues lately. First, I randomly get extremely anxious out of no where for no apparent reason (I've always been able to identify what caused my anxiety in the past). I will just be doing something normal when I have a sudden panic attack. I also seem to be having anxiety over increasingly weird things; when I need to go "number 2," I get very anxious, and I never have had this issue before, and have not had an "accident" since I can remember. This does not go away until I start washing my hands after finishing my business. I also cannot sleep lately. About a month after things started going weird, I found it hard to get any sleep, and on the average night I will get about three hours of sleep. When I am active, I function as I did with full sleep, but whenever I start to relax, I feel exhausted. What is worse is that I am starting to feel disconnected from everybody. I don't feel I can relate to or even trust my family, and because of my social anxiety, I have no real friends. I am starting to feel extremely lonely. I think all of my problems seem to be some way related to my anxiety, but I can't think of what to do to fix anything. I am not on any medication. The last medicine I remember taking was the recommended dosage of ibuprofen about two months ago (can't remember what the dosage was, just that it was "recommended"). Please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment